1. Head over to http://developer.tapslash.com.
2. In the top-left corner, click "create".
3. Select "Service".
There are three types of Services that can be created on the Platform. External, or 'API' services allow our users to query information from your API directly. There are a few simple requirements for making your API work on Tapslash. Local services are any 3rd party service you want to add that lives on the client rather than the server (for example, embedding your current photo-upload tool to your toolbar). Finally, Content services are created with your own media uploaded to the platform. We will get to content services in a bit.
External (API) Services
- External Services are hosted on an external API.
- The field, 'service_url' should point to the base url of your API.
- In the url field, be sure to include http:// or https:// and to point our system to the full path of your API. We don’t automatically add anything to the url, we make a request to the exact url you have supplied.
- We will pass the parameter “q” as our query string to your server.
- A local service is a service that uses content from your local device. The only api calls made using Local Service are for analytics purposes not content fetching.
- A field named local_identifier will appear when creating a Local Service. This field is not currently enforced and is meant as a future replacement to the 'name' field. This is currently present as a future proof you are not required to use this field.
- You now have the ability to create your own Service with custom content (currently PNG, JPEG, and GIF). For example, you could create a “sticker pack” with images and stickers specifically targeted to your users
- If you add this service to your Slash toolbar on the admin panel, users will be able to browse your custom content
- Content services do not yet support search